February 7th, is National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Tallahassee Tech Time

February 7th, is National Black HIV/AIDS Awareness Day – Tallahassee Tech Time,AIDS , HIV,hepatitis a


About 1.2 million people in the United States are living with HIV, according to Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. Out of those, 41 percent are African-American, while they account for only 12 percent of the total population.
HIV Medical care than black women, 35 percent to 44 percent
Nationwide, 38 percent of blacks got consistent care for HIV from 2011 to 2013, compared with about half for whites and Hispanics, according to the new findings, which are based on National HIV Surveillance System records and were published Thursday in the CDC’s “Morbidity and Mortality Weekly Report.”
Just 38 percent of African Americans got consistent HIV care from 2011-13 compared with about half of whites and Latinos, according to the new research from the CDC. But even worse for gay black men with HIV: They were less likely to receive consistent medical care than black women, 35 percent to 44 percent, and receiving consistent HIV care was highest among African Americans whose HIV infections were attributable to heterosexual contact, according to the CDC.
“Consistent care matters. It enables people with HIV to live longer, healthier lives, and it prevents new infections,” Jonathan Mermin (photo), director of CDC’s National Center for HIV/AIDS, Viral Hepatitis, STD & TB Prevention said in a prepared statement. “And closing this gap in care will be essential if we are to see the narrowing racial divide in HIV diagnoses close completely.”
And with blacks disproportionately impacted by HIV – African Americans represent 12 percent of the U.S. population but almost 50 percent of HIV diagnoses in 2014 – the CDC is concerned about the disparity in medical care.
“CDC has been working for many years to eliminate the HIV disparities that exist within the black community,” said Eugene McCray, director of CDC’s Division of HIV/AIDS Prevention. “While we are seeing signs of success, we must continue our focus on prevention strategies that will have the greatest impact on African American communities and the nation overall. A key area of focus is ensuring that people living with HIV are diagnosed early, quickly linked to care and receive consistent care that improves their lives and protects the health of their partners.”
We Can Stop HIV One Conversation at a Time
HIV and AIDS affect all communities, including ours. As Hispanics/Latinos, we are the largest and fastest growing ethnic minority in the United States, and we are also one of the groups most heavily impacted by HIV/AIDS.
More than 1.2 million people are living with HIV in the United States and about 50,000 people become infected each year. As Hispanics/Latinos, we account for 23% of these new HIV infections and of those, 85% were in men and 15% were in women. Anyone can be affected by HIV regardless of age, gender, sexual orientation, or marital status. Learn more about the impact of HIV among Hispanics/Latinos.
It may not always be easy to talk about HIV/AIDS, but we must talk openly about it to protect our community. By learning the facts about HIV and talking about ways to protect ourselves, our loved ones, and our community, we can help increase HIV awareness, decrease stigma and shame that are too often associated with HIV, and play a part in stopping HIV in the Hispanic/Latino community.
We all have a role to play. We can stop HIV one conversation at a time. Together, all of our conversations can help protect the health of our community and reduce the spread of HIV.

Source :http://www.albanydailystar.com/
Previous
Next Post »

1 comments:

Click here for comments
June 7, 2019 at 3:31 AM ×

Hello everyone my name is Marian from U.K I want to use this medium to share these wonderful testimony on how Dr ABIOLA cure me from hiv he did a great thing to my life who would have believe that 10 years of HIV disease can still be cure. I was a victim of these disease and I was suffering from it my lifestyle of living was useless I was not behaving as human being all my hope where lost thinking on how these disease can be destroyed, I tried so many herbalist on net there was no cure then I was looking for death to took me out of these world.
One day I contacted these man called Dr ABIOLA I told him about my disease and he told me that I have made the right decision in contacting him and all my problem will be solve, he ask for some of my detail and I send it to him including a little sum of money which he use for preparation of the herbs which he was going to send to me through courier service, I use the herbs that he send to me and after talking it for 14 days he told me to go for a test in the hospital and I did it, the doctor told me that I am hiv negative I was very happy and went to thank him. I also bring one of my friend who where sick of these disease called ANTHRUXshe where also cure from the disease the man told me that I should go and spread it to the people that he is also specialize on these things;

HIV CURE ,Broken marriage spell ,Hiv/aid cure ,Pregnancy spell ,Carncer ,Scabies ,Lupose ,liver cancer ,herpes ,liver cancer ,diabetes ,bring your ex back ,HPV

Contact him deadly.diseases.cure@hotmail.com or website https://drabiolaspellhome.webs.com/testimonials
whatsApp +2348100609098
http://drabioladeadlydiseasescure.blogspot.com/p/blog-page.html

Selamat marian mkl dapat PERTAMAX...! Silahkan antri di pom terdekat heheheh...
Balas
avatar
admin
Thanks for your comment